Thursday, April 24, 2014

Gettting ahead of my self to the fun stuff!!!

So I told you a wonderful friend linda gave me a 1966 aristocrat 13 foot trailer that I can  pull with my 6 cylinder toyota .  Cal is working labor  trade for other things. For me free labor . So I get to move on to the fun stuff like  picking the colors . I know I want linen  color walls and  the  appliances are AQUA !!!!The fabric will be  outdoor for durability  . So I have selected a   palate but the choices are limited to what you can get in outdoor fabric .  The outside of the trailer will be white  and red to match  the  truck so I want to bring  a bit of red inside too. Any way here are the pictures  of work in progress .All the  trim is taken off and resealed that is the very best way instead of just adding  caulk  . Wood rot can then  be replaced as the metal can be pulled back when the trim is removed . We are lucky the rot is only at the bottom. So it is  easier to  replace then taking the entire metal panel off the entire side. The inside will  have a tiny wet bath added  and twin bunk beds a roof  top ac and heater and then on demand hot water, it will be a tiny state of the art self contained  trailer meaning you can  "Boon dock" for a few days without going in for "stuff"  I am learning the jargon . Here is  what I would like from  you pretty  please.I have 2 fabric color palates I have chosen which  do you think would  be best?. Oh the floor will be laminate wood and the counter Formica in a  brown black fake granite  color  feel.



Choice # 1 More sophisticated with micro suede  seating. 
Choice # 2 bright and fun ,but I have seen the floral and it is  rather big and bold for  a small space 

3 comments:

John said...

Wow Julie, you have been busy, looking good! Choice 1 for me.

Mary said...

Choice #2, GO BOLD! I've seen photos of other renovated recreational trailers and they have been quite lively... maybe from that ladies' group in Washington State that has a big craft/antique fair in early June - also - something in Country Living on Route 66 for a small trailer park with airstream and other small trailers like yours that one can rent! Red Bandana prints was part of one, I recall!

Unknown said...

thanks to both of you am torn my art work goes with one my trailer and what others haves done says 2.