Friday, June 12, 2009

fish out of water




Well, I am  back in the desert this week . And here sits my gorgeous sea shell headband on its tuffet of cactus. Like a fish out of water. I just wanted one more chance to show of this  absolutely beautiful hand wrapped and wired head band  that April Clemens made for me for  Sand castle Sirens. She  spent 14 hours on this piece !!! I feel humbled ,blessed and most of all honored!!! Thank You Dear .I hope she  teaches it soon and can come up with a way for students to make it in less time  then it took her. I am sure she will or a version of this one she made for me .If not a class maybe  she will end up selling them . I can say  it would be a special purchase  for anyone to have as it is a rare head band that does not bother you when wearing it all day and I hardly knew this was on my head!! It is one of my new favorite things.

9 comments:

stregata said...

Really a lovely piece you were gifted with!

Kristin said...

I love this! It's kind of like wearing a tiara all day, but you probably wouldn't get as many funny looks. How do I know that you'd get funny looks by wearing a tiara all day? Have I ever . . . tried it? Of course not! Why? What have you heard? LOL.

Judy said...

What a stunning creation! It looks wonderful on you!

TUTU Monkey said...

It looks beautiful on you.....

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!!!! Any news?

Anonymous said...

it is a beautiful piece and you looked like a beautiful mermaid in it! I am so enjoying Lorries comments to me but I don't have the right address to answer back. Can you email me or let me know what it is? I know you two are having too much fun this weekend...hugs!

Karen said...

So very beautiful!! Lucky girl!

Beth Anderson said...

Enjoy it - it is well deserved and a labor of love for a special person.

Elena Lai Etcheverry said...

its beautiful! April is truly talented!

Beth Hikes said...

this is beautiful! Are you a sea siren too?